History / Timeline
Look how we’ve grown! Foxborough Regional Charter School opened its doors in 1998. At that time it served a K-8 population and was housed in one main building. Over the years, it has grown in both enrollment numbers and facilities and is now a K-12 school district.
- 1998 The school opened with 582 students in Kindergarten through 8th Grade and less than 40 staff members.
- 1999 A new gymnasium/cafeteria was built.
- 2000 A new wing was added which now houses our Central Office and our 4th Grade and 5th Grade classrooms.
- 2001 A middle school building with 6 classrooms & one office area was constructed.
- 2003 A 10 classroom modular building was placed on the grounds.
- 2003 Congratulations to our first graduating class!
- 2005 A second modular building with 6 classrooms was secured to house our high school students. A separate administrative modular building was also added to increase office space.
- 2006 Proudly servicing 21 surrounding communities. 135 staff members educate our diverse population of 1,030 students!
- 2008 Foxborough Regional Charter School celebrates 10 years!
- 2010 Construction starts on our facilities expansion and renovation project. Expected completion of the $18M project is Spring 2012.
- 2011 The facilities expansion project commenced. This project built 28 new classrooms, a double gymnasium, a renovated cafeteria, stage, media center and new science labs. Simultaneously our student body enrollment grew to 1,200 students with an active wait list of 1,800.
- 2012 The south wing portion of the facilities expansion project completed ahead of schedule and within budget. Students, staff, family and friends of the FRCS community celebrate the official opening with a January ribbon cutting ceremony and the south wing is now officially occupied and in use.
- 2012 In the late fall of 2012 our Outdoor Health, Fitness and Wellness Complex was completed and opened for public use.
- 2013 FRCS Earns Unconditional Renewal by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts for another five year term.
- 2013 A recognized leader in Massachusetts public education our staff has increased to 160.
- 2013 Our Enrollment Cap has been increased to 1300 students.
- 2016 Enrollment Cap increased to 1,700 students.
- 2017 New Elementary School Building opened and Middle School moved to space of previous K-4 classrooms.
- 2018 Celebrating 20 years! Enrollment rises to 1,631