The online application for Regional Transportation for the
2020-2021 school year is now LIVE
This year, the online application will serve as your pre-registration. No fees or additional forms will be submitted to the school until the point where the transportation department is able to assign seats based on guidance from state and public health officials.
- Please indicate your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choices from our list of proposed bus stops. You can find the list of proposed stops HERE. (Please note that these locations are subject to change.)
- All Families are welcome to submit a pre-registration application. However, Bus Assignments will be made on a first come, first served basis, depending on the registration date/time stamp - with preference given to in-district students.
Please know the school is still waiting on Guidance from the state regarding both on campus instruction as well as transportation programming for the fall. We will work out new procedures to meet safety guidelines when we learn the specifics and will communicate these changes to families as quickly as possible. While we don’t have details at this time, we expect that the transportation program may look different than we are used to.
due to COVID 19
- The school priority is to provide the safest experience possible for students and bus drivers.
- We expect requirements to include the wearing of masks and social distancing, both of which will be strictly enforced.
- Seats on the bus will be assigned on a first come, first served basis, depending on the registration date/time stamp, with preference given to in-district students.
- The school does not know how many seats will be available on buses this year. We will not know until Guidance is received from the state and coordinated with our bus company.
- The school intends to offer transportation if allowed to move forward.
A change: As mentioned, this year, the online application will serve as your pre-registration. No fees or forms will be submitted to the school until the point where the transportation department is able to assign seats. At that time, in order to activate your eligibility, you will be given 7 days to submit payment and required documents. Right now, the only step necessary to apply for transportation will be the online pre-registration on June 24. Additional information will be distributed as soon as more definite plans are in place.
As Always: A seat on the bus one year does NOT guarantee you a seat on the bus the next year. In the event a family has an outstanding, past balance with any FRCS fee-based program, they will be contacted by the Business Office for follow-up.
Reminder: The online application is NOT supported by mobile sites and apps. Please make sure to fill out on a desktop or laptop computer!
2020-2021 Fees: The fees for regional bus service for the 2020-2021 school year will be determined as we move forward. An email will be sent to families who have Pre-Registered for bus service and please also check the website in the upcoming weeks for updates.
Foxborough Residents: If you are a resident of the town of Foxborough, please reach out directly to the town at 508-543-1600 to coordinate busing for the Fall.
- Over the next several weeks the school will work to assign students to bus routes based on a first come, first served basis with preference given to In-district students.
- Once the school receives guidance from the State and public health officials it will finalize details regarding the transportation program, including, fees, seat assignments and a student's role in meeting safety expectations. Such details of the program, as well as your child(ren)'s bus assignment, will then be communicated.
- Upon receipt of your child(ren)'s bus assignment, you will be asked to activate and confirm your child(ren)'s seat assignment within 7 business days. This will include submitting a deposit payment (to be determined). (Any credit with the Business Office from the previous year can be applied to future program fees. Such a credit in itself does not guarantee you a seat on a bus or particular bus.) Please know, all families will have the opportunity to apply for financial assistance through the FRCS Business Office.
- A seat on a bus one-year does NOT guarantee a seat on the bus the following year. ALL families must re-apply each year and meet all requirements to secure transportation for the new school year.
- Seats will be issued on a first come, first served basis with preference given to in-district students.
Please contact Jean Lewis, Transportation Coordinator via email with any questions