COVID-19 Procedures and Safeguards
Update, 9/27/21: Elementary and Secondary Education Commissioner Jeffrey C. Riley notified school districts in the Commonwealth on Monday, 9/27 that he will extend the mask requirement for all public K-12 students, educators, and staff through at least November 1, 2021. Middle and high schools with 80 percent of their students and staff vaccinated will have the option to lift the mandate by submitting an attestation form to the department on October 15.
- All students, teachers, staff, and visitors must wear a mask while inside the school buildings.
- The mask requirement applies when students (ages 5+) and staff are indoors at school, except when eating, drinking, or during mask breaks.
- Masks may be removed when necessary to participate in elective classes, such as the use of wind instruments in band.
- Masks should cover the individual’s nose and mouth, per the CDC’s recommendation.
- Masks must be worn at all times while riding the school bus.
- Masks are required for any sports-related activity for student-athletes and coaches when indoors.
Important to note:
- Families should provide their students with a mask from home. However, FRCS will have disposable masks available if needed.
- At this time, physical distancing guidance is not required from the state or local level. However, as we are able, FRCS will make every effort to support physical distancing.
- Please do not send a sick child to school. If your child is sick, please contact your building nurse.