Dear Middle School Families,
My name is Alisa Diakite and I have the pleasure and privilege of being the principal of the FRCS Middle School. As our students have been enjoying their summer break, planning is underway for a successful, gratifying and fun school year.
As we get ready to kick off the new school year, I wanted to share a few important reminders, updates, and expectations for all students.
- Solid navy blue or white tops including t-shirts (FRCS Logo is not required)
- Solid navy blue or khaki bottoms including sweatpants (No sports or designer logos)
- Shorts may not be more than 3 inches above the knee (navy or khaki)
- No open toe or open back footwear for safety reasons. Crocs must be work in sports mode only.
- Reminder: Black tops and bottoms are NOT FRCS dress code and should NOT be worn.
Middle School students will no longer be issued individual Chromebooks to be taken home. Each classroom has been equipped with a cart of Chromebooks for student use.
FRCS middle school students will no longer be allowed to carry their cell phones with them. Class time is for learning, not texting, browsing or social media. Students will be expected to place their phones in their LOCKERS. We have purchased locks for all students. Students who violate this policy risk having their phones confiscated and placed in a lock fox for the remainder of the day. Phones can be picked up at dismissal. Please consider having a conversation with your children about this before the school year begins. If you need to contact your child throughout the school day, please call the Middle School office at 508-543-2509 x200.
Teacher/Homeroom assignments will be sent home via USPS in the next week or so. Thank you for your patience!
If you are looking for the basic Middle School supply list, it is available on the FRCS website. Please know that some teachers may have specific requests. This information will be distributed at the start of school by the individual teacher. All students should still have a supply of basic materials. We thank you in advance for any of the optional classroom donations you can contribute.
First Day of School
The first day of school for 5th grade is Tuesday, September 5, 2023. All Middle School students report to school on Wednesday, September 6th. Below are some reminders for families who will be dropping off and picking up their students.
- Doors open at 7:15am.
- All drop off is behind the High School Building in the drop off/ bus lanes at Door E.
- The drop off lanes are Drop and Drive. Students should be ready to exit the vehicle.
- There is no drop off at Door I. Please continue around the building to the drop off lanes. Only after 7:30am will students be allowed to enter the building at Door I.
- Our staggered dismissal begins with buses at 2:35 p.m., followed by carpools at 2:40 p.m. Individuals are dismissed for pickup at 2:50 p.m.
- All Middle School Students are picked up outside Door E.
Enjoy the final few weeks of summer vacation!
Middle School Principal
Middle School Principal