In case you missed it earlier this week: be sure to read the message from Co-Interim Executive Directors Annie Azarloza and Heidi Berkowitz about the Executive Director search. Be sure to complete the survey before September 26th!
Dear FRCS Community,
We are excited to welcome you back to school with an update on our Executive Director search. Below please find some important information to keep you up to date with the process:
- The Board of Trustees has secured an Executive search firm to assist with the national search. The name of the firm is Ray and Associates and they have provided a plan that will work well for our school.
- The first step is to develop a position profile to be used in advertising and to help us understand the characteristics of the candidate we as a community need and want. This will involve a survey which is designed to gather input from each community member.
- Please click here to complete the survey in English. The survey will be open until September 26, 2022. Please complete before that date. The survey is also available in the following languages:
In the coming weeks, we will be providing time for face-to-face dialogue between our search consultants and representative groups of staff, students, and the community. We will communicate dates, times, and instructions for participation as we finalize the details.
- Meetings with constituent and community group representatives will be scheduled for the week of September 21, 2022.
- The Executive Director position will be posted publicly in October, with an application deadline of December 1, 2022.
- The Board Committee will conduct interviews of top candidates in January 2023.
The Board values your input into the process and has tried to account for this in several ways:
- All staff, students, and community members are invited to complete the electronic survey.
- A representative group of staff, students, and community will meet face-to-face with representatives from Ray and Associates on September 21, 2022.
- A representative group of staff, students, and community will have interview time with the finalists in January 2023.
This inclusive process allows for everyone to have a form of input through surveys, meetings, and interview committee representation. The goal is to provide many opportunities for community members to report on strengths and weaknesses of the candidates to advise decision making. Ultimately it is the responsibility of the Board to select the next Executive Director.
The Board plans to publicly disclose candidates once 2 or 3 finalists are selected. This is standard operating procedure as the candidate pool is substantially lessened if confidentiality is not maintained through the process until the finalist stage.
This is an incredibly important hire for our district! Our Board of Trustees is 100% committed to staying focused on this positive trajectory and we will keep you posted as additional information is available.
Heidi Berkowitz and Annie Azarloza
Interim Co-Executive Directors
Interim Co-Executive Directors