Foxborough Regional Charter School is preparing to welcome back students to campus for full in-person learning!
Students in grades K-5 who have selected full in-person learning will begin on Monday, April 5th. Students in grades 6-8 who have selected full in-person learning will begin on Wednesday, April 28th. The date for High School students who have selected full-in person learning has not yet been determined by the DESE.
Families have been given the option to continue remote learning for the remainder of the 2020-2021 school year. Please note: a family who chooses to switch from fully remote to the in person program after the 4/5 may experience a 4-6 week waiting period to allow for preparations to include an additional student into the classroom.
Over the past few weeks, we have been working to prepare our buildings for this shift.
Some important reminders:
- Students, staff and visitors who enter the building MUST complete the COVID survey form each morning. Fill out the screening tool HERE.
- Social distancing will be required. Guidance from the DESE requires that schools space students a minimum of 3 feet apart, but more when feasible.
- Masks must be worn at all times except when eating or drinking.
- Lunch procedures will be adjusted to accommodate 6-foot distancing. This will require the schedule to include the use of a combination of spaces including the gym, cafeteria, classrooms and outside areas for lunch and snack times.
- Extended Day will not be available before OR after school. Students may enter the building each morning at 7:25am and will be dismissed through a staggered dismissal procedure beginning at 2:35pm and continuing through 2:55pm.
- Families with students in both ES And MS should plan to pick up their MS children FIRST, then drive down and pick up the ES children. MS students should NOT walk down and wait for their siblings. Due to COVID restrictions, we are trying to limit the amount of people at dismissal.
- Regional bus riders: Families: we ask for your patience. Buses may run late for afternoon drop-off for the first few weeks due to procedures we must follow for COVID precautions.
- Middle and Elementary students will primarily remain in their classroom with their pod of peers. They may travel to specials classes and to the location they are scheduled for lunch.
- Traffic patterns have been designed to allow for traffic flow in the hallways. They are marked with social distance spots and directional arrows. Students must follow the traffic flow patterns established in order to ensure safe transitions.
- Bathroom procedures will be in place to ensure that occupancy in the bathrooms is limited and no student spends an unnecessary amount of time outside of their classroom.
- Cleaning will be enhanced each evening to replace the deep cleaning that has been taking place on Wednesdays, in between Cohort arrival.
Note for K-4 Elementary School families who have selected in-person learning and have a school issued device: Your child will be required to bring it with them on April 5th to return it to the school. We will provide additional details about device return next week. Again, this is only for students who have selected full in-person learning.
Note for Grade 5 students who have selected in-person learning: Students are expected to arrive at school with their fully charged Chrome Book every day. Chrome Books should be plugged in and charged overnight. Students should not bring their charging cord to school as they may get damaged or lost.
We look forward to seeing you soon!