SEPAC Volunteers Meeting
- SEPAC Volunteers Meeting
- 9/24/2019, 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM
- Family Engagement Center
What is SEPAC?
An all-volunteer group of FRCS parents and guardians who have school-aged children with special needs. This group works collaboratively with school personnel to provide support, educational presentations, and resources to families of children with special needs. Massachusetts Law requires all districts to have a SEPAC.
Who can become a member of FRCS SEPAC?
Any parent or guardian who has a child with special needs enrolled at FRCS.
Why should you consider joining our SEPAC?
· To network with other families of students with special needs in our district
· To support families who may be new to special education or have questions about special education services
· To maintain positive and open communication with special education administration on the strengths and needs of the special education programs in the district
· To provide educational opportunities and resources to other parents and guardians at FRCS
How do you get involved in SEPAC?
Please join Mrs. Obenchain, Director of Student Services and Mrs. West-Smith, Assistant Director of Student Services, on Tuesday, September 24th at 5:30pm in our Family Engagement Center (Door A) for an organizational meeting.
If you are unable to attend the meeting, but you are interested in joining this group, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (Deirdre West-Smith, Assistant Director of Student Services)
Most members of our previous SEPAC group have either left the district or exited from special education, so we are looking for an enthusiastic and supportive group of parents/guardians to facilitate this group moving forward.