- Massachusetts School Immunization Requirements
- When are physicals required? All newly enrolled students as well as entering Grades K, 4, 7, 10
- When should I keep My child home? Please consider your child’s comfort when sending them to school
- Temperature over 100* within the past 24 hours
- Vomiting, Diarrhea, within the past 12 hours
- Your child is unable to hold down food or liquids
- Rash or any skin condition that is undiagnosed
- Any eye infection needs to be treated for 24 hours prior to returning to school
- Pain should be taken seriously especially in young children. Earaches, toothache and headaches should be evaluated
If you have any questions about any of the above, please call your school nurse and/or check with your pediatrician.
- When should I call the School Nurse?
- Whenever any new medication is prescribed for your child
- In the event of a new medical diagnosis
- Upon treatment for serious injury, illness or hospitalization
- In follow up to any orthopedic procedures including casts, slings, sprains
- With any concerns regarding your child’s health
- Safety Sack Keep your children safe & their medication secure
- ChopChopMag ‘The fun cooking magazine for families’
- Asthma & Allergy Foundation of America, New England Chapter
- Massachusetts School Nurse Organization
- Up to date information by School Health Alert
- Find the answers to medical questions, especially communicable diseases.
- Multi-Service Eating Disorders Association
- Getting Food Stamps Download Information Here
Health Screenings & Class Materials
- SOS Signs of Suicide
- SBIRT : Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment
- Get Real: Comprehensive Sex Education that Works
In need of Community Services but don’t know where to turn?
Every day, someone somewhere in Massachusetts needs to find essential community services.
2-1-1 With the support of social service organizations that provide health and human services throughout Massachusetts and in collaboration with Massachusetts Association of Information and Referral Specialists the United Way introduces this statewide information and referral system.