We continue to monitor the Weekly COVID-19 Public Health Report posted on the Massachusetts Department of Public Health website. Based on the state education commissioner’s recommendation to school district leaders, our decisions about changing instructional models should be based on at least three weeks of the data presented in the weekly report along with other key metrics unique to our school.
On Thursday evenings, the latest public health data is released, including the community color-coded map, which illustrates which cities and towns that are considered low, moderate and high risk.
As of January 7, 2021:
- 97% of FRCS students live in high risk communities (red).
- 20 of our 22 districts are in the high risk category, including Foxborough.
- 2 districts (Medway and Sharon), representing 3% of FRCS students, are in the moderate risk category. (yellow)
- “Big 6” weighted positivity rate is now at 10.08%.
- Weighted positivity is now at 9.76%.