Join Our Parent Organizations
Parents in Education is NOW “Partners” in Education!! Why you ask, because…..
Students Do Best When Parents and Teachers Work Together as Partners
Partners in Education (PIE) is an organization made up of elected executive board members and members at open meetings. All parents, teachers, and school administration are automatically members. All are encouraged to attend the PIE meetings which are held the second Thursday every month at 6:00PM in the Media Center, you may refer to the school calendar for exact dates and times. Free childcare is provided. For more information visit the PIE website page frcspie.weebly.com and/or contact any of the executive board members via email at FRCSPartnersinEducation@gmail.com.
Our objectives are:
- To develop and promote a strong unity between students, school, and community by:
- Promoting participation in our monthly open PIE meetings at the school
- Serving as a resource for providing educational and enrichment programs, including Arts and Education Programs to students at FRCS
- Coordinating social events for parents and children; providing an opportunity to get to know each other and have fun
- Providing fundraising programs that meet the needs and interests of parents and students
- Honor our teachers and staff with our Teacher Appreciation luncheon
- Providing a Sunshine Fund for families in need
- To improve communication and understanding between FRCS administration, staff, and the community it serves by:
- Working as a unified team to support a common goal
- Encouraging parent and community participation in school related activities by offering volunteer opportunities for families and staff
- Providing consistent flow of information to families on upcoming events at the school
- Facilitating monthly PIE meetings and publishing monthly meeting minutes
- Creating a monthly PIE newsletter
|2016-2017 PIE Executive Board|
|1st Vice President||Stephanie Rizzo|
|2nd Vice President||Vacant|
|Recording Secretary||Bonnie Goslin|
|Corresponding Secretary||Kathleen DeFanti|
|2016-2017 PIE Committee Chairs|
|Welcome Back Block Party||Christy Solimine|
|Scholastic Book Fair||Laurie Asencios|
|Dress Code Closet||Vacant|
|Father Daughter Dance||Christy Solimine|
|Staff Appreciation Luncheon||Stephanie Rizzo/Linda Hernandez|
|Foxboro Founders Day||Kathy Montal/Trina Kleinberg|
|Field Day||JayneMarie Hunt|
|Red Sox or other sporting event||Vacant|
|Box Tops||Stephanie Rizzo|
New to FRCS in 2016-17 we are very excited to add the Falcon Booster Club as another way parents can support FRCS and our student athletes! The first meeting took place on November 15th and many great ideas were suggested! Plans on how to promote and assist the teams are being created and we hope you’ll join us at the next meeting!
Scholarship & Grant Committee
The parent run Scholarship and Grant committee, a Friends of Foxborough Regional Charter School subcommitee, provides scholarships for the following:
- Graduating FRCS Seniors
- Students in grade 4 planning to attend Nature’s Classroom in grade 5
- Teachers Awards
Check back soon for information about the committee and the 2016-17 Scholarship Application.
Foxborough Regional Charter School encourages parents to be involved in our school through the Parent Organizations, these organizations provide our families with many resources and social activities to help build a sense of community.