The mission of the School Counseling/Guidance Department at Foxborough Regional Charter School is to provide a comprehensive, developmental program which addresses the academic, college/career, and personal/social needs of all students. In collaboration with school staff, parents/guardians, and the community, the school guidance program will facilitate access for every student to school services and supports to achieve the best possible academic outcomes, help students gain the knowledge and skills to achieve their post-secondary goals, and prepare them to be meaningful contributors to society.
College Planning and Success
- Challenging Students for College Readiness, download information here
- College Readiness and Advising, download information here
Mr. David Elsner
Guidance/School Counselor Coordinator
Grade 11-12 School Counselor
Ms. Jill Fagan
Grade 8-10 Guidance/School Counselor
Ms. Sarah Spence
Grade 5-7 Guidance/School Counselor
2013-2014 FRCS School Profile
The 2013-2014 FRCS School Profile is a summary of our school programming.
Get organized!! – Download your important College Documents Here!
- College Application Procedure
- College Application Deadline table
- FRCS Transcript Release Form – Paper Application
- FRCS Transcript Release Form – Electronic Application
- Student Recommendation Request form
- For additional information contact Mr. Elsner at Delsner@foxboroughrcs.org
Thanks to the generosity of the FRCS community and the dedication of the FRCS Scholarship Committee, scholarships are available for our seniors. Download the FRCS Scholarship Application.
Department News – September 2014
Naviance is coming to FRCS! Naviance is a leading, web-based college and career exploration system. Our department is currently receiving training on the system, but seniors are already using it as part of their college planning. As the rollout continues, students in grades 6-11 will receive accounts. Separate family accounts will also be available. More information about the Naviance system is available HERE.
- Students – Start the year off strong! Set up times to meet with teachers if you need extra help.
- Make an appointment to see your guidance/school counselor to talk about study skills, course planning, social supports, activities, career exploration, or any other question you have about being a student.
- Parents and guardians – contact teachers. Email is by far the easiest and best way to check-in with them about your student’s progress. Don’t wait until report cards!!
Achievement Teams are an important aspect of developing student skills. All students in grade 6-10 have Achievement Teams once per cycle. Ask your son or daughter about these lessons and start a conversation about how students are learning to be better learners.
Guidance Advisory Council
It is important to have an advisory council for the guidance program. The National Model for School Counseling specifically endorses this idea as best practice. The purpose for the council is to provide feedback on the school counseling program as well as be a resource for project and intiatives. A new group was started last year and will meet approximately monthly. If you are interested in discussing guidance programs and activities related to student’s academic, social/personal, and career exploration needs, please call Mr. Elsner at x272 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.