The mission of the School Counseling/Guidance Department at Foxborough Regional Charter School is to provide a comprehensive, developmental program which addresses the academic, college/career, and personal/social needs of all students. In collaboration with school staff, parents/guardians, and the community, the school guidance program will facilitate access for every student to school services and supports to achieve the best possible academic outcomes, help students gain the knowledge and skills to achieve their post-secondary goals, and prepare them to be meaningful contributors to society.
College Planning and Success
- Challenging Students for College Readiness, download information here
- College Readiness and Advising, download information here
Mr. David Elsner
Guidance/School Counselor Coordinator
Grade 11-12 School Counselor
Mr. Steven Gianquitti
Grade 8-10 Guidance/School Counselor
Ms. Sarah Spence
Grade 5-7 Guidance/School Counselor
2012-2013 FRCS School Profile
The The 2012-2013 FRCS School Profile is a summary of our school programming including information about high school student outcomes.
Get organized!! - Download your important College Documents Here!
- College Application Procedure
- College Application Deadline table
- FRCS Transcript Release Form – Paper Application
- FRCS Transcript Release Form – Electronic Application
- Student Recommendation Request form
- For additional information contact Mr. Elsner at Delsner@foxboroughrcs.org
We are pleased to welcome two new members to the guidance/school counseling team. Mr. Gianquitti’s primary responsibiilty will be Grades 8-10 and Ms. Spence will focus on Grades 5-7. Each bring experience and enthusiasm that will help continue to grow and improve our programming and student support. We thank Mrs. Malfa for her terrific support for our students and wish her well as she moves on to another school to help students there.
- Students and Parents/Guardians – Start the year off strong! Set up times to meet with teachers.
- Make an appointment to see your guidance/school counselor to talk about study skills, course planning, social supports, activities, career exploration, or any other question you have about being a student.
- Parents and guardians – contact teachers. Email is by far the easiest and best way to check-in with them about your student’s progress. Don’t wait until report cards!!
Achievement Teams are an important aspect of developing student skills. All students in grade 6-10 have Achievement Teams once per cycle. Ask your son or daughter about these lessons and start a conversation about how students are learning to be better learners.
Guidance Advisory Council
It is important to have an advisory council for the guidance program. The National Model for School Counseling specifically endorses this idea as best practice. We are planning to start this group up again. If you are interested in discussing guidance programs and activities related to student’s academic, social/personal, and career exploration needs, please call Mr. Elsner at x272 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.