Engaged families participated in the G.I.E.’s Engage Pre-Teen Family Reading Program to support their child in English Language Arts.
Studies have shown that Family Engagement is a key indicator of student academic success! Our goal is to partner with families and provide them with as many engagement opportunities as possible. Below are current opportunities that families can participate in throughout the school year.
Make the 2 Hour Power Pledge!! If we can get every Foxborough Regional Charter School family to commit to just 2 hours a year, we can do amazing things for our students and our school! We encourage our mothers, fathers, extended family, caregivers and community members to support education and student achievement by volunteering JUST TWO HOURS a school year!
- Partners in Education (PIE): Supports school-wide events and fundraisers. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Room Parent : Supports classroom communication. Contact K. Harris at email@example.com. Room Parent application
- Special Education Parent Advisory Council (SEPAC). Supports families of student’s with IEP and 504 accommodations. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parent Ambassador: Assist new families in the transition process. Contact K. Harris at email@example.com. Parent Ambassador Application
- Parent Café: Monthly workshops for families on various topics
- Career Day Facilitator: Share your career with 6th and 10th graders.Contact K. Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org. Career Day Facilitator Application
- Science Fair Judge: Judge science fair projects for middle and high school. Contact Ron Griffin at Rgriffin@foxboroughrcs.org
- Chaperone: Supervise class field trips. Contact classroom teacher
- Guidance Advisory Council: provide feedback on guidance programs. Contact Dave Elsner at Delsner@foxboroughrcs.org
- Library Volunteer: Help maintain and organize library. Contact Margaret Duran at email@example.com.
- Annual Road Race or Golf Tournament. Contact Laurie Gibbs at Lgibbs@foxboroughrcs.org
- Helping Hands Lunch Buddies: Help little hands navigate fine motor skills (milk cartons, straws…). Contact Karen Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sign up here
- Reading Buddies: Help little minds develop a love of literature by reading a story in a K-2 classroom. Contact Karen Harris at email@example.com. Sign up here.
- Dress Code Closet: Assist in coordinating with families to shop at the dress code closet. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- BoxTops for Education: Assist in cutting and packaging BoxTops. Contact email@example.com
- Holocaust Stamps Project: Assist in trimming and counting stamps. Contact Jamie Droste at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lost & Found: Assist in monthly reorganizing the lost & found. Contact email@example.com
- Scholastic Book Fair (Fall): Assist with Book Fair planning, set-up and coordination. Click here to Sign Up or Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teacher Appreciation Luncheon (May): Assist in planning, coordination. Contact email@example.com
- Father-Daughter Dance: (March): Assist in planning, coordination. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teaching Garden: Assist in planting, weeding and watering. Contact MaryLee Mutrie at email@example.com
- Field Day (June): Assist in planning, coordination and set-up. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- School Tour Volunteer: Give tours to prospective families (training required). Contact Jean Lewis at email@example.com
- Athletic Booster Club: Support FRCS Athletic Teams. Contact Heidi Berkowitz at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gift Card Incentives Program: Provide $5 gift cards for Middle School Character Education Program and Volunteer Program. Contact Karen Harris at email@example.com