Family Engagement at FRCS is defined as collaboration between families and schools that drives student achievement. The goals of this collaboration are to help families guide, support, and advocate for their children’s learning; to encourage families and educators to foster high expectations for children; and to enable families and schools to share decision-making and leadership to improve school quality.
Core Beliefs of Family Engagement:
- Every child deserves an excellent education, wants to achieve at high levels and can do so with support from home and school.
- All families care about and want the best for their children.
- Actively engaged families are assets in supporting student learning, progress and positive outcomes
- Teachers have a tremendous influence on children’s outcomes
- Families and school staff are equal stakeholders
- Responsibility of building partnerships rests with staff and school leadership
We actively welcome families to partner with us to impact student academic achievement. Several engagement options for families to consider are:
- Partners in Education (PIE): help organize and support school-wide events. Monthly meetings are held at the school. For more information contact Christy Solimine at email@example.com or their website at frcspie.weebly.com
- Room Parent: assist teacher in communicating with families in your child’s class. Click on link for application. Room Parent application
- The Special Education Parent Advisory Council (SEPAC) helps to support Special Education Families and Programs. Monthly meetings are held at the school. For more information contact Anne MacIntyre at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parent Ambassador: connect with new families to help them transition. For more information contact Karen Harris at email@example.com.
- Parent Café: family connections, support and information sharing. See calendar for upcoming dates. click here
- Career Day Facilitator: share your career with 6th & 10th graders. Contact Karen Harris, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Science Fair Judge: participate in the judging for the middle/high school science fairs. Contact Ron Griffin at email@example.com
- Library Volunteer: Assist in shelving books in the library. Contact Margaret Duran at firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information contact the Karen Harris, Family Engagement Coordinator here.