It Takes a Village…..
FRCS is Looking For a Few Good Parents to Be a 2017-2018 Parent Ambassador
Help us to create and build a stronger FRCS community among families in your hometown – parent ambassador’s for 2017-18 still needed, especially in the Brockton area.
Would you be willing to share information about your child’s school with other parents? Newly enrolled families find it very helpful to gain the perspective of parents already in the school and to hear about their personal experiences.
FRCS Parent Ambassadors are current parent volunteers who are carefully selected to welcome new families and to establish channels of regular communication with them. As experienced FRCS volunteers familiar with the culture of our school, Parent Ambassadors understand the school’s policies/procedures, the events and opportunities available to new families and the confusions that new families experience. Parent Ambassadors will engage and welcome new FRCS families and help to ease their transition into our school community. Click here for details and/or to sign up today!
We are looking for individuals that:
- Are current parent(s) of an FRCS student
- Have a desire to help
- Are able to help new families navigate the school community
- Have flexiblity
- Can send regular emails
- Can share positive experiences about our school
- Are available about 1 hour a week
- Have an outgoing and positive attitude
- Represent one of the schools 20 sending districts
- Are able to commit to 1-year appointment
- Multicultural, bilingual a plus
For more information about the Parent Ambassador Program please email Karen Harris, Family Engagement Coordinator.