Grade 5-8 News and Events Archive
Make Foxborough Regional Charter School A Winner!
FRCS is in the running to be named one of the world’s most innovative schools and we need your support to win! 30% of our total score is based on how well we spread the word about our video and earn votes! There is $200,000 on the line!
Earlier this year, we entered the Follett Challenge, a program created by Follett to find and reward schools for their work applying technology, content and creativity in ways that engage students, foster literacy and promote critical thinking. As part of the competition, we created a short video about what makes our program unique.
You can cast one vote EVERY day from now until April 4th, so be sure to visit often! Share our video with your friends and family and help us win the Follett Challenge.
By casting your vote, you’ll help us to spread the word about all the exciting activities … Read the rest
To communicate emergency situations/cancellations, FRCS uses phone and email as a primary source of communication and supports that communication with website posts, facebook messages, twitter tweets, and push notifications from our app.
Additionally, emergency cancellations are made public on many TV/Radio stations. Please download list here.
It is the responsibility of families to ensure that the school has current and valid email addresses and phone numbers on file in order to receive important messages. Please email changes in email, phone and address to Edit My Contact Information .
Thank you to our dedicated and committed faculty and staff members who have created a safe, supportive environment for all students and families and who have built a community that values and promotes academic achievement for each and every student! View Photos Here… Read the rest
Foxborough Regional Charter School included in $300,000 donation to support responsible online behavior
Trend Micro (TYO: 4704; TSE: 4704), a global pioneer in security software and solutions, announced yesterday, March 4th, 2014 that Foxborough Regional Charter School is one of 12 recipients nationwide to be awarded its Educational Technology Grant. This $25,000 gift includes cash, technology and professional services for the school’s Apple iPad Cart project. This grant initiative stems from the company’s Internet Safety for Kids and Families program, which helps to encourage a generation of safe, responsible digital citizens.
Combined, Trend Micro’s contribution of more than $300,000 to recipients across the country will help educate students about online safety while preparing them for the technology-focused careers of tomorrow. Coinciding with Trend Micro’s 25th anniversary, this program supports the company’s mission of making the world safe for exchanging digital information.
“Trend Micro is proud to award Foxborough Regional Charter School with our Educational Technology Grant to equip … Read the rest
Extending Trimester 2 Reminders!
FRCS will be extending the trimester 2 marking period by one (1) full instructional cycle to make up for a very snowy winter.
While all public schools make up snow days, the days are added to the end of the year (trimester 3). Extending trimester 2 by 1 cycle will provide our faculty and students in all courses with the time they need to effectively meet the learning objectives in the term 2 curriculum.
- The last day of the Term 2 marking period will be Monday, March 17.
- The first day of the Term 3 marking period will be Tuesday, March 18.
- Elementary exams must be completed no later than March 17 but as always, will vary by grade to meet the developmental needs of students
- MS/HS exams will run as follows:
- Science/History will run on Thursday, March 13 (Day 3)
- Math/ELA will run on Friday, March 14 (Day 4)
- Spanish/Concentration (HS) will run on Monday,
What’s for Lunch in March 2014? What Day of the Week is it?
For your convenience the “What Day of the Week Is It?” calendar and the monthly Lunch Menu have been combined!
Download/print the March 2014 calendar/menu here.
Additionally you may visit the Food Services page here to download any of the following:
- Monthly Lunch Menu
- Monthly Breakfast Menu
- Safe Snack, Fruits and Vegetable List
2014-2015 Foxborough Regional Charter School Course Catalog
FRCS is proud to release it’s 2014-2015 Course Catalog you may download the catalog here.
Important information below:
- Thursday, February 27: (Day 6, 5th period during the High School Common AE): Mr. Griffin will give a presentation to all students (grades 8-11) on our program of studies.
- Monday, March 3: Students will receive hard copies of the catalog in homeroom. They will take a few weeks to review course options with family.
- March 24-27: Teachers will walk students through each unique department and sign off on student course request forms (grades 8-11 only).
- Friday, March 28: Student course selection forms are due
- Monday, April 7: AP, VHS and other applications are due
Guidance Department News – March 2014
- March 1st – Free practice SAT or ACT from Princeton Review – testing begins at 9:00 a.m. – students should register at www.princetonreview.com
- March 6th – A representative from Massasoit Community College will be conduct on-the-spot admissions interviews for interested seniors
- March 8th – SAT testing at FRCS. Students should arrive by 7:45 a.m.
- March 15th – Free practice SAT or ACT from Princeton Review – testing begins at 9:00 a.m. – students should register at www.princetonreview.com
Middle School – Our second annual MCAS Prep Rally for Grades 6-8 will take place on March 17th. The Prep Rally will get students excited about doing their best on the test and build middle school community with team activities.
Over the next few weeks, Ms. Spence will begin a series of lessons in grades 6 and 7. For 6th grade, students will receive a lesson on … Read the rest
Ms. Bartucca’s grade 3 student, Marcello Madrazo presents a puppet show interpretation today of his book, Who Was Jim Henson
The FRCS Mock Trial team scored a win over previously undefeated Walpole High School to up their record to 2-1. This was by far the finest performance by the FRCS litigators. Spencer Paynitch had a totally memorized, well-paced opening with great intonation and just the right drop of dramatics. The FRCS direct examinations by lawyers Victoria Leonard, Adam Tellier and Nicole Nassif went off smoothly, with the judge praising how the lawyer-witness pairs made the rehearsed testimony seem natural and unrehearsed. The Walpole cross-examinations were incredibly tough with the Walpole lawyers slyly trying to break the FRCS witnesses, but to no avail as Allie Bloom, Duncan Werner and Avanna Menard all emerged unscathed. The FRCS cross-exams were relentless with Adam Tellier and Fatimah Mahamed hammering away at the Walpole witnesses, impressing the judge who praised the aggressive courtroom style of FRCS’ most zealous attorneys. Finally, Ryan Wood delivered his best closing, brilliantly weaving in what had gotten into evidence and … Read the rest