Current Events Archive
Thank you to our dedicated and committed faculty and staff members who have created a safe, supportive environment for all students and families and who have built a community that values and promotes academic achievement for each and every student! View Photos Here… Read the rest
The grand prize is $30,000 of Follett products and services and will be announced on May 16, 2014.
30% of our contest score for our video is determined by the number of votes our video gets.
There are 10 video awards chosen by the “People,” for $5,000 of Follett products and that is where we need your help.
March 2014 Enrollment Lottery, Wait List Standings Important Information
At this time all classes are full, all grade level applicants have been placed directly on our Wait List and the results are posted on our website here Lottery Wait List Standings.
Results for the March 2014 lottery are posted by grade level. Please look for your assigned ID number and the corresponding waitlist number in the adjacent column. That is the number your child holds on our waitlist.
Applications processed through a lottery prior to March 2014 are NOT posted online.
To obtain Wait List standing information for students that participated in lotteries prior to March 2014 please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Once your child has been processed through a lottery at Foxborough Regional Charter School there is no need to re-apply for future lotteries.
Available positions for all grade levels will be offered as positions become available and will be made in the order of waitlist standing.
Foxborough Regional Charter School included in $300,000 donation to support responsible online behavior
Trend Micro (TYO: 4704; TSE: 4704), a global pioneer in security software and solutions, announced yesterday, March 4th, 2014 that Foxborough Regional Charter School is one of 12 recipients nationwide to be awarded its Educational Technology Grant. This $25,000 gift includes cash, technology and professional services for the school’s Apple iPad Cart project. This grant initiative stems from the company’s Internet Safety for Kids and Families program, which helps to encourage a generation of safe, responsible digital citizens.
Combined, Trend Micro’s contribution of more than $300,000 to recipients across the country will help educate students about online safety while preparing them for the technology-focused careers of tomorrow. Coinciding with Trend Micro’s 25th anniversary, this program supports the company’s mission of making the world safe for exchanging digital information.
“Trend Micro is proud to award Foxborough Regional Charter School with our Educational Technology Grant to equip … Read the rest
Mrs. Costa’s Kindergarten ‘Bear’ Class Winter 2014 Activities
Bear Class Winter Break Literacy Celebration
Bear Class 100th Day of School Celebration… Read the rest
Extending Trimester 2 Reminders!
FRCS will be extending the trimester 2 marking period by one (1) full instructional cycle to make up for a very snowy winter.
While all public schools make up snow days, the days are added to the end of the year (trimester 3). Extending trimester 2 by 1 cycle will provide our faculty and students in all courses with the time they need to effectively meet the learning objectives in the term 2 curriculum.
- The last day of the Term 2 marking period will be Monday, March 17.
- The first day of the Term 3 marking period will be Tuesday, March 18.
- Elementary exams must be completed no later than March 17 but as always, will vary by grade to meet the developmental needs of students
- MS/HS exams will run as follows:
- Science/History will run on Thursday, March 13 (Day 3)
- Math/ELA will run on Friday, March 14 (Day 4)
- Spanish/Concentration (HS) will run on Monday,
What’s for Lunch in March 2014? What Day of the Week is it?
For your convenience the “What Day of the Week Is It?” calendar and the monthly Lunch Menu have been combined!
Download/print the March 2014 calendar/menu here.
Additionally you may visit the Food Services page here to download any of the following:
- Monthly Lunch Menu
- Monthly Breakfast Menu
- Safe Snack, Fruits and Vegetable List
2014-2015 Foxborough Regional Charter School Course Catalog
FRCS is proud to release it’s 2014-2015 Course Catalog you may download the catalog here.
Important information below:
- Thursday, February 27: (Day 6, 5th period during the High School Common AE): Mr. Griffin will give a presentation to all students (grades 8-11) on our program of studies.
- Monday, March 3: Students will receive hard copies of the catalog in homeroom. They will take a few weeks to review course options with family.
- March 24-27: Teachers will walk students through each unique department and sign off on student course request forms (grades 8-11 only).
- Friday, March 28: Student course selection forms are due
- Monday, April 7: AP, VHS and other applications are due