REGIONAL Transportation Application Instructions
NOTE – ALL buses are currently FULL
As always, seats are limited and will be issued on a first come, first served basis.
IMPORTANT: The online application is NOT supported by mobile sites and apps. Please make sure to fill out the online application on a desk top or lap top computer!
To activate the application for a seat assignment all documentation and required fees must be received.
Having trouble applying online? Try this first:
- Refresh your browser or close & reopen
- Try a different browser (Mozilla, Google, Net Zero, Safari, Internet Explorer)
- Clear your internet browsers cache
- Restart your computer
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Although we would like to offer transportation to all students, please know that seats are limited by capacity laws and demand. A seat on the bus this year will not guarantee a seat on the bus next year. All seats will be first come first served.
In preparation for Application, please read below for the 2016-2017 Transportation Program information.
- The online application link will go live on this web page beginning at 6:00pm sharp on Wednesday, May 11, 2016.
2016-2017 Regional Bus Transportation Fee Schedule by Family Size
|1 Student Rider Family||2 Student Rider Family||3 Student Rider Family||4+Student Rider Family|
|Deposit Due with Application||$275||$290||$350||$375|
|Due July 15, 2016||$280||$380||$340||$475|
|Due September 9, 2016||$250||$335||$450||$525|
|Due November 4, 2016||$250||$315||$500||$525|
|TOTAL ANNUAL FEE||$1,055||$1,320||$1,640||$1,900|
Reminder: a non-refundable application fee of $25 is due in addition to the monies outlined above.
*A Family is defined as “siblings”
- Return Check Fee – $15
- Return Trip Fee – $100 per Occurrence
All families applying for transportation services MUST submit the deposit and non-refundable application fee in order for their application to be active in our system.
- Deposits will be refunded to all families not receiving seats. The Application Fee will not be refunded.
- Missed deadlines will jeopardize ridership privileges.
- Fees are due by the installment dates according to the fee schedule. All balances must be paid in full on time to retain seats reserved for your children.
- Transportation accounts will not be sent a bill; it is your responsibility to make prompt payments and maintain a record of same. Statements will not be generated.
- Transportation fees are not tax deductible.
Download & print the Required Transportation Forms Here.
Complete the online application and follow the final instructions on the Proof of Submission Receipt; submit the following to the school within 10 business days*:
- A copy of the Proof of Application.
- The Deposit and Non-Refundable Application fee MUST be in the form of a money order or cashier’s check. (The deposit will be refunded if your family is not assigned seats, the Application Fee will NOT be refunded.) Payments may also be made on-line at www.myschoolbucks.com.
- A signed copy of the Bus Conduct Guidelines (Please download, sign and date from the proof of submission page. Students in grades 5-12 must also sign the conduct guidelines)
- An Emergency Medication During Bus Transport form (if necessary)
*Completing the online application form does not guarantee a seat assignment. The instructions on the Proof of Submission Receipt are very important to follow in order to complete the application process and activate your application.
Eligibility Requirements for Application
Eligibility for 2016-2017 transportation application/registration process is contingent upon fees being current for any FRCS fee based services (ex. Extended Day). Accounts with past due fees for any FRCS fee based services from prior years will not be eligible to apply for or register for future services of any fee based program. Bus seats will not be reserved for accounts with past due fees, seats will be assigned and/or reassigned.
2016-2017 FRCS Fee-Based Financial Assistance Application, CLICK HERE to download. Confidential requests for a waiver or reduction of the bus fee will be given consideration based on Federal Government Poverty Guidelines. Financial Assistance requests must include the required supporting documents listed on the application. PLEASE NOTE the following:
- You are responsible to make payments until your application is approved.
- The sliding fee scale for financial assistance WILL be adjusted for the upcoming school year.
- It is in your best interest to promptly submit the application and required documents; missed deadlines will jeopardize ridership
- Financial Assistance will not be granted retroactively, refunds will not be granted.
- Financial Assistance received last school year does NOT guarantee assistance in the upcoming year.
- Direct certified families for food services does not guarantee financial assistance in a fee-based program.
- A Letter of Eligibility Determination will be mailed to you after the application has been processed informing you of any benefits granted or denied. You are responsible for any fees incurred until such time as you receive a Financial Assistance Award letter granting benefits.
While the intent is to continue to provide transportation services to all of Foxborough Regional Charter Schools sending districts, stops and routes may need to be adjusted in order to make the buses cost effective. Bus routes and stops will be determined based on two factors:
- How many families apply from each area
- Board approval of the number of buses
Attention New FRCS Families
Applications for our fee-based Regional Transportation program are accepted via an online application (see above), once your child has been accepted and has completed the admissions process. An offer of enrollment for our academic program does not include a guarantee for our transportation program. Unfortunately, seats are limited by capacity laws and at this time all routes are full. If seats are not available at the time that you have completed your registration packet, your child will be placed on a waitlist. Positions that come available throughout the year will be offered on a first come, first served basis.
Please do not attempt to access transportation unless you have received written confirmation of a bus route/stop assignment communication AND your student(s) have received their Bus Passes.
How do I register for the FRCS Regional Transportation Program?
- Complete the online registration application please email Transportation@foxboroughrcs.org to request the application.
- Print out the receipt and follow the detailed instructions to complete the application process.
- You may request a Transportation Registration Packet be mailed to you, please contact the Transportation Department by phone at (508) 543-2508 or you may request a packet via email please send your request to Transportation@foxboroughrcs.org.
Upon completion of a transportation registration application and submission of all accompanying documents and fees, eligible students will be notified of their seat assignment and receive a bus pass in their Homeroom on the first day of school.
Once registered and assigned a seat on one of the regional buses, please note:
- Students must show their bus pass to the driver each day upon entering the bus. The pass entitles students a school bus ride to and from school.
- Students are to ride only the bus to which they are assigned.
Should you have additional questions or need clarification on any components of the Transportation Program, please contact the Transportation Department at Transportation@foxboroughrcs.org .